Blogging for Business – A Website Isn’t Enough
What is a Blog?
A blog is a set of articles, called posts, most often listed in reverse chronological order. Often readers can leave comments on an individual post. A blog can be part of your website or can stand alone.
Blogging for your business is a great way to increase the visibility of your website. Today’s consumers turn to Google and other search engines when they are looking for products and services. Your goal is to have customers find your website when they search and for it. In order to get ahead in the results, you need good quality content that attracts search engines and engages customers.
- Improve search engine placement
- Drive more traffic to your site
- Engage customers and keep them coming back
- Reach a wider audience than through traditional newsletters and industry publications
- Build your brand
What Makes a Good Blog?
There are good blogs and bad blogs. A bad blog will do more harm than good. The purpose of a blog is to provide genuinely valuable and relevant information to your customers. It’s not a place to sell your products. If you focus on providing value, you’ll become the trusted source in your niche and your customers will return and refer their friends and family.
- Offer genuine value – give ideas and advice that make your visitors want to pass the the URL on to everyone they know
- Be personable – make a connection with your visitors
- Be involved – respond to comments and address both compliments and complaints
- Go for quality not quantity – target your audience – lots of traffic doesn’t mean anything if doesn’t translate to sales
- Provide targeted and relevant content – don’t just repeat the latest headlines – make the content count and related to reasons your visitors are there
Read more about why blogging is important for businesses.