This might be cheating a little, since I already posted links to my slideshow and first every Google+ hangout (How Search Engines Find Your Content), but since I presented the third and final SEO workshop in the series today, I thought it was a good opportunity to post the workshops in a consecutive series.
I wrote about my real life experience and feet first dive into the world of Google+ and hangouts on April 6th, the day after the event and have been on what seems like a non-stop mission to absorb everything I can about the Google+ platform. I’ve learned a lot of great tips about how to make the most of Google+ for SEO, and I’m very excited about the opportunities.
It is not a network to be underestimated or ignored, stay tuned for part three of the workshop series and I think you’ll find why I feel it’s so important.
In the first workshop, How Search Engines Find Your Content, I reviewed the basics about how search engines work as well as some advanced concepts like semantic search and natural language processing.
SEO Workshop Highlights:
- SEO is: optimizing web sites and landing pages so that search engines find the content and display it on a search engine results page
- SEO is also: about integrating with other internet marketing strategies such as social media and PPC
- Key SEO factors include: a well-structured website, relevant content, a solid linking strategy, and a content distribution strategy
- Search engines personalize search results: your search history, social sharing and connections, previous searches and location influence the results that are returned
- Semantic search and Natural Language Processing: factor in the context of the search term and try to figure out the reason for the search, is it a ‘how to,’ or a ‘benefits of’ kind of search
- There is no such thing as being #1: personalized and localized results mean that you can’t be #1 to everyone (and you probably don’t want to); focus on being relevant to your audience so you’re at the top of the search results for them.
Stay tuned for Wednesday’s post and I’ll unveil the second workshop video and share the highlights from the workshop: How to Create Searchable Content.
With no further ado, here’s the video and a link to PowerPoint version of How Search Engines Find Your Content.
Did you learn any new information? Share your favorite insight, I’d love to hear from you.